Disciple of Jesus Christ, Husband, Father and Geek.
I live in a small rural town located south of Raleigh, North Carolina. When I’m not doing something technology related, I enjoy being outdoors – hiking, mountain biking, camping, and fishing.
I’m a Senior Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft focusing on Azure Infrastructure and DevOps.
Prior to joining Microsoft, I spent 14 years at Mars Incorporated. During the first nine years I supported the company’s M365 (Office 365) initiatives on SharePoint & Yammer. I spent my last six years as the Senior Cloud Solution Architect on the Enterprise Cloud team supporting initiatives across Azure, AWS & GCP.
Prior to joining Mars, I spent seven years at IBM as an IT Specialist and Architect supporting the company’s internal and external web hosting platforms, leading the team behind the Americas E-Commerce platforms, and finally supporting AMEX as a Solution Architect.
I currently hold the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (AZ-400)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-303/304)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate (AZ-204)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals (AI-900)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty (AZ-140)
- Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals (SC-900)
- Microsoft Certified: Trainer (2022 – 2023)
Disclaimer – As stated above I am a full-time employee of Microsoft but let me take a moment to assure anyone reading this blog that my thoughts are, in fact, my own and do not represent Microsoft’s (and/or any of my previous employers) positions, strategies or opinions.